Add popup to start iSCSI service after configuring
I'm testing iSCSI options on a FreeNAS Mini installed with INTERNAL14/11.2-BETA1.
I expected to see some kind of prompt or popup to enable the iSCSI service after navigating Sharing/iSCSI and configuring all the different things in those menus. Would it be possible to add a prompt to enable iSCSI after configuring it in the Sharing screens? More generally, would this be something to change for any other service that currently behaves like iSCSI?
#5 Updated by Dru Lavigne about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Add popup to start iSCSI service when finished configuring iSCSI to Add popup to start iSCSI service after configuring
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Lola Yang
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
#6 Updated by Timothy Moore II about 2 years ago
- File enable-service-popup.png enable-service-popup.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
Testing with FreeNAS Mini updated to FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201807131206:
Go to Sharing/Block (iSCSI). Clear all existing saved settings. Add new Portals, Initiators, Targets, Extents, and Associated Targets entries. The popup to enable the service only appears after clicking “Save” on the “Target Global Configuration” tab. Click "Enable Service" and wait for loading to complete. Go to "Services" page and verify iSCSI displays as running. Go to "Shell" and enter "service ctld onestatus". Verify it returns that ctld is running.
I'm marking this passed as the popup does appear and function properly. I do have a couple suggestions to improve it though. I'm putting them here, but please let me know if I should open a new ticket.
Recommendations: Add a question mark to the message in the popup and have the popup appear after setting an Associated Target, as that seems to be a more logical place for the user to have finished configuring their iSCSI sharing.