Catch unhandled case where device lookups table was failing with VMs in new UI
If you edit the NIC and change the Adapter type you can not save. The VM is Off. So I deleted the NIC and re-added the NIC setting the Adapter to VirtIO saved it. When back into the NIC settings and it's gone. So I dropped down the Menu and selected VirtIO again, but as before it will not allow me to save the button is blacked out.
#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 3 years ago
- Private changed from No to Yes
- Reason for Blocked set to Need additional information from Author
Rick: please reproduce, create a debug (System -> Advanced -> Save debug), and attach it to this ticket. This will assist the dev in determining which call is incorrect.
#5 Updated by Rick Connor almost 3 years ago
- File Add_New_Nic.PNG Add_New_Nic.PNG added
- File Edit_Nic.PNG Edit_Nic.PNG added
- File Add_Adapter.PNG Add_Adapter.PNG added
Maybe this helps. I added a Nic. (Picture) Saved it then edited it (Picture) the Adapter was gone so I dropped down the Menu and selected VirtIO again (Picture). Notice I can not click on Save it's grayed out.
So This is the only way I know how to reproduce it. I'll get the Debug in a Few.
#8 Updated by Rick Connor almost 3 years ago
I figured out how to get this to stick. I'm thinking when you go to edit its not pulling the information in or not saving it the first time. I'm not a Dev so have no clue, but here is how I got it to stick.
Create the NIC.
Add Adapter, and Nic to attach. Then Copy the MAC address.
Go back and edit the NIC.
The Adapter and MAC address is empty.
Select the Adapter again and paste the MAC address.
Edit the NIC again and all fields will be filled.
Hope that helps.
#12 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Running 11.2 Beta1 with VM's. Having issues with the NIC setup to Catch unhandled case where device lookups table was failing with VMs in new UI
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to Vaibhav Chauhan
#16 Updated by Timothy Moore II over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Testing with FreeNAS Mini updated to FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201807160837:
Go to VMs/Devices for an existing VM. Delete the existing NIC device. Create a new NIC device. Set “Adapter Type” to VirtIO and “NIC to attach:” to “vnet0:1”. Copy the listed MAC Address. Click “Save”. Edit new NIC. All previous choices are displayed properly, including the MAC Address. Change “Adapter Type:” to “Intel e1000” and repaste the MAC Address. Click “Save”. Edit the NIC and confirm all changes are displayed properly.