Remove ellipsis on overflow to allow data to show in new UI
When listing cloud sync tasks, the table is too long to view without a horizontal slider. If the slider is completely to the left, the table is greyed out. Otherwise the table display fine.
#5 Updated by Dennis Mullen almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
This issue affects all entity tables, and appears on Firefox on TrueOS. I don't see it in Chromium on TrueOS or in either browser on Linux.
It is caused by the browser's interpretation of the 'text-overflow: ellipsis' style which is applied to each table.
Removing this style is mostly harmless as long as we are using the new horizontal scroll bar. One thing to not: When you load up one of the three big tables with column-select check-boxes, then toggle to select all, columns will be jammed together until you move the scroll bar, and then will spread out to normal width. But with the ellipsis style, this happens anyway, and is harder to read besides.
#8 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Graphical glitch with Cloud Sync Task table to Remove ellipsis on overflow to allow data to show in new UI
- Status changed from Screened to Ready for Testing
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC2 to 11.2-BETA2
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
#9 Updated by Bonnie Follweiler over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Passed Testing in FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201807160837
(Build Date: Jul 16, 2018 11:40)
Test Case: In the Cloud Sync Task slide the horizontal slider to the left to make sure it doesn't grey it out