Add ability to log directly into new UI with a token
The new UI appears to be missing a way to supply an authentication token via the URL in order to automatically login to the UI (bypassing the username/password prompt).
This is a regression as the old UI had this available specifically so that TrueView could manage handing out login sessions to FreeNAS instances via temporary auth tokens.
If I recall correctly, the URL for the old UI just needed something like "?token=[auth_token]" appended in order to pass that token into the UI and the UI promptly redirected to the standard URL (so the user does not see the token) after saving the token into memory or something.
Updated by Erin Clark over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Erin Clark
- Seen in changed from 11.2-BETA3 to 11.2-BETA1
Updated by William Grzybowski over 1 year ago
I will note that passing auth token to the URL poses a security issue.
Not sure how possible that is but we should investigate alternatives (e.g. using POST)
Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-BETA3
TrueView is depending on this feature, do not drop from this release.
- Blocked by Feature #40344: Add API endpoint to pass MIDDLEWARE_TOKEN to web UI added
- Status changed from Screened to In Progress
- Subject changed from Regression: Missing auth token login routine to Add ability to log directly into new UI with a token
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Updated by Bonnie Follweiler over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed in FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201808300858
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
Also available in: Atom