#27514 fix causes panic on dataset quota overflow
According to this FreeBSD bug report: https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=229887 , fixing one problem created another, which may be even worse. If it won't be fixed in time, we may need to revert the original patch.
#7 Updated by Alexander Motin about 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC1 to N/A
- Reason for Closing set to Behaves as Intended
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
I've unexpectedly found during merge attempt from FreeBSD that this problem is not reproducible on FreeNAS, since Benno committed different patches to FreeNAS and FreeBSD. Still I've merged https://github.com/freenas/os/commit/a676a93fb3fb5edf660aed5f7c07a9de472a4d8d to remove divergence. Testing of #41910 should cover this too.