Fix issues associated with a failed or interrupted plugin install in the new UI
Interrupting a plugin install during the download phase leaves a non-working jail installed. Attempting to install the plugin again fails because of the leftover jail.
Either the jail should not be created until downloads have been completed, or a failed plugin install should remove the things that were set up but will not work.
#5 Updated by Timothy Moore II almost 2 years ago
Attempting to reproduce this by starting a plugin install then pulling the system's ethernet cable and letting the system time out. Several different attempts result the same way: a entry appears in "Plugins/Installed" with a plugin jail either in a up or down state. I'm not seeing any error messages either.
Further investigation indicates installing a plugin immediately creates an iocage jail with the latest RELEASE of FreeBSD. If that RELEASE has been previously fetched then a jail will be created regardless of the system's ability to download the actual plugin. Searching within one of these jails doesn't appear to actually have the plugin that was supposed to be fetched; it is just a simple FreeBSD jail with none of the actual plugin bits installed.
#20 Updated by Jeff Ervin almost 2 years ago
- File Jail Issue 1.png Jail Issue 1.png added
- File Jail Issue 2.png Jail Issue 2.png added
- File Jail Issue 3.png Jail Issue 3.png added
- File Jail Issue 4.png Jail Issue 4.png added
- File Jail Issue 5.png Jail Issue 5.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Failed Testing
Test Fails FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201808220903
installed Jail2, while installing, powered down. After reboot, attempted to install another jail2. Jail2 was created but did not show up under the jails area (no jails that I had created before this test case showed here), but they did show up under storage/pools. Rebooted again, and then all the jails showed where they were supposed to.
Installed jail3, while installing, powered down. After reboot, attempted to install jail3 and received the error message in screenshot Jail Issue 5.
#25 Updated by Jeff Ervin almost 2 years ago
- File Screenshot-2018-10-1 FreeNAS - 10 231 5 190(5).png Screenshot-2018-10-1 FreeNAS - 10 231 5 190(5).png added
- File Screenshot-2018-10-1 FreeNAS - 10 231 5 190(4).png Screenshot-2018-10-1 FreeNAS - 10 231 5 190(4).png added
- File Screenshot-2018-10-1 FreeNAS - 10 231 5 190(6).png Screenshot-2018-10-1 FreeNAS - 10 231 5 190(6).png added
- Status changed from Failed Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201810010839
I've installed 3 plugins, interrupted each, mid-install via reboot, gone back into the jails (after refreshing the browser each time), they're not installed. Installed each one that was interrupted afterwards without issue...