Add a delay indicator to entity tables, service table, dashboard, and reports pages in new UI
Reporting this on Warren's behalf. Seen in a FreeNAS system updated to FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201807260859.
We are noticing that some screens (Dashboard, Reporting, Plugins/Available, and Services were observed) can take a few moments or longer to load, especially when the web browser cache is clear or loading the page for the first time. It would be useful to the user to see some kind of loading widget or activity on the screen to indicate the UI is loading or "doing something" while the menu item isn't displaying anything.
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-BETA3
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Dennis Mullen
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
- Severity changed from New to Medium
- Status changed from Screened to In Progress
The last item was completed with PR 1146 and merged into master.
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Subject changed from UI needs loading messages to Add a delay indicator to entity tables, service table, dashboard, and reports pages in new UI
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passes FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201808220903
The indicator was quick on a couple of these areas, but I did see it, all be it very briefly.
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom