Document UPS Hostname Field in new UI version of Guide
Services -> UPS -> Configure
Rename the Hostname field to SNMP UPS Hostname.
This field should be moved to be right under the Driver drop-down and should only be shown if an SNMP UPS is selected from the Driver drop-down.
From what I can tell all SNMP UPS' contain 'snmp' in the parens following the driver.
#3 Updated by Michael Reynolds about 2 years ago
- File SNMP-capableUPS-examples-2018-08-01.png SNMP-capableUPS-examples-2018-08-01.png added
- Subject changed from move UPS Hostname Field and only show if an SNMP UPS is selected to move UPS Hostname Field and only show if an SNMP capable UPS is selected
This ticket is referring to when an SNMP capable/aware UPS is used and selected in the Driver drop-down
See SNMP-capableUPS-examples-2018-08-01.png for some examples.
#8 Updated by Erin Clark about 2 years ago
It seems that the real problem was that the hostname field wasn't getting hidden the proper functionality of this section is that the hostname replaces the driver select box for snmp-ups to allow the user to type in the IP or the hostname of the UPS but it wasn't getting hidden so both were showing up.
This PR fixes that
#16 Updated by Timothy Moore II about 2 years ago
- Severity changed from New to Low Medium
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
[angulargui] https://github.com/freenas/freenas-docs/pull/363. No changes to legacy UI, so no [master] docs PR for now.
Conducted HTML build testing to minimize the risk of breaking the docs build.
Confirm Hostname entry is present and the table renders properly in UPS Configuration Options table in the Services chapter of the guide to pass testing.
#19 Updated by Timothy Moore II almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Testing with FreeNAS system installed with INTERNAL24:
Log in to new UI and confirm text changes to UPS Configuration Options table are present and docs render properly.