Do not grant extra privileges to users when a Directory Service is enabled
Customer system was hanging on boot because we were trying to grant "SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege", "SeBackupPrivilege", "SeRestorePrivilege" to all of the ldap users in the environment.
We should have an extra check for the server role so that we don't do this in environments where directory services are enabled. If they are required, perhaps we should grant them to a foreign group rather than every ldap user.
- Copied from Bug #28406: Do not grant extra privileges to users when a Directory Service is enabled added
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Needs QA changed from No to Yes
- Needs Merging changed from No to Yes
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Updated by Bonnie Follweiler about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Passed testing in FreeNAS 11.1-U6 Internal6
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom