Fix labels on virtual memory summary chart of new UI
Problem: The virtual machine summary page seen by selecting “VMs > table” contains unexplained labels - RNP, PRD, RPRD – and meaningless circular visual graphics.
Steps to re-create: See attached screen caps
1. The Zpool figures area taken from “zpool list” and not “zfs list” which are potentially misleading and don’t provide meaningful data as to VM storage usage and spare capacity. (See related bug: #40508)
2. The meaning of the labels RNP, PRD, RPRD is not explained on screen nor are they explained in the FreeNAS BETA guide. In fact, the only explanation I found was in the vm.py code – lines 795-798 at https://github.com/freenas/freenas/blob/3953d6d4b7fa7ee7d56a19c9f9ce1de1ae2e460b/src/middlewared/middlewared/plugins/vm.py as these terms are part of the newly introduced VM “memory check” code which attempts to balance ARC and VM memory usage.
What the user needs is a meaningful summary of VM memory use and a clear indication of available memory for any additional VMs.
3. Current circular visual graphics are just meaningless decorations that need to be something like pie-charts.
#10 Updated by Dru Lavigne about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from VM summary (table view): mystery labels and unhelpful visual feedback to Fix labels on virtual memory summary chart of new UI
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
#11 Updated by Jeff Ervin about 2 years ago
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.54.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.54.19 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.56.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.56.06 PM.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed FreeNAS-11.2-INTERNAL28