Fix display of GIDs in new UI
The GID field in Account / Users is clearly wrong. I guess you output wrong field from the database. There is no GID field in the account_bsdusers table in the freenas-v1.db. You apparently output field account_bsdusers.bsdusr_group_id, but this field is NOT the GID, it is the FOREIGN KEY to table account_bsdgroups.
You need e.g. a JOIN query with those two tables joined 'ON account_bsdgroups.id = account_bsdusers.bsdusr_group_id' the get the true GID i.e. 'account_bsdgroups.bsdgrp_gid'. This should be trivial for anyone who knows SQL.
- Subject changed from Account / Users shows wrong GID to Account / Users shows wrong GID in new UI
- Description updated (diff)
- Seen in changed from Unspecified to 11.2-U3
- Seen in changed from 11.2-U3 to 11.2-BETA2
- Reason for Blocked set to Need additional information from Author
Tom: can you attach a screenshot of what you are seeing in the UI as an example?
I added two images showing the correct GID's in Legacy UI versus wrong GID's in the new UI
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Erin Clark
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-BETA3
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to Dennis Mullen
- Assignee changed from Dennis Mullen to Vaibhav Chauhan
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Subject changed from Account / Users shows wrong GID in new UI to Fix display of GIDs in new UI
- Reason for Blocked deleted (
Need additional information from Author)
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Updated by Timothy Moore II about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Testing with FreeNAS system updated to FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201808310859:
Go to Account > Users. Create new users Chester and Maximilian. View UID and GID for these users and compare to the display in Legacy UI. Values match and appear correct.
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom