Cannot auto configure IPv6 on multiple network interfaces
Untill FreeNAS 9.1.1, The option “ Auto configuration IPv6:” was available to multiple network interfaces.
Why did this option become unavailable from 9.2.x?
For the use of “Zeroconf” this option needs to be available.
When having multiple network interfaces and attempting to connect all of them individually using “Zeroconf” at its max, this option should be available.
Could this be patched or erased?
#2 Updated by Josh Paetzel almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Screened
I'll have to look at this. The problem with doing autoconfig on multiple interfaces is the default route essentially becomes a "last interface autoconfigged wins" affair, which may or may not be correct. If the interfaces are all in the same subnet with the same default route then you fall victim to FreeBSD not handling that scenario well.
(As explained in https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/4248
#5 Updated by Jordan Hubbard over 6 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Subject changed from Cannot autoconfigutarion IPv6 on multiple network interfaces to Cannot auto configure IPv6 on multiple network interfaces
- Priority changed from Important to No priority
- Target version changed from 9.3-BETA to 9.3-M3