Add text about updating and upgrading jails to new UI version of Guide
Under iocage/download and iocage/releases there are 11.1-RELEASE child datasets left when updating to 11.2 (and so forth, I suppose), see screenshot. I don't see any use for that old stuff, as one can't select them when editing a jail, see 2nd screenshot.
#7 Updated by William Grzybowski over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Closed
- Target version changed from 11.2-RC1 to Master - FreeNAS Nightlies
Gerry, we dont believe we should be automatically deleting things in these circumstances.
There are people that would prefer to keep them if they still want to install older releases.
One is free to manually delete any unused data (in this case 11.1-RELEASE dataset).
#12 Updated by Timothy Moore II over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
PR: [angulargui] https://github.com/freenas/freenas-docs/pull/371. No [master] branch PR necessary.
Testing: Confirm new Jail Updates and Upgrades section is visible in the Jails chapter. Confirm the notes about iocage section at the beginning of the chapter indicates it is possible to delete datasets under the /iocage/downloads dataset.
#13 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from No cleanup for iocage's download and releases datasets to Add text about updating and upgrading jails to new UI version of Guide
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No