Add support for IPv6 static routes
Related to #26895, specifically comments #26895-15 and #26895-16 :D
The static routes interface rejects IPv6 routes, somewhat correctly remarking that they contain invalid IPv4 addresses.
Running 'route -6 add -net fd3a:8d54:b2e2::/48 fe80::7a8a:20ff:feba:e45e%bge0' from the shell works as expected.
Seen in both 11.1-U5 and 11.2-BETA2.
- Category changed from Middleware to GUI (new)
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Erin Clark
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-RC1
- Assignee changed from Erin Clark to William Grzybowski
The error is coming from the middleware, William is there something that I need to do to make the api take a IPv6 static route?
Updated by William Grzybowski about 2 years ago
- Category changed from GUI (new) to Middleware
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Vladimir Vinogradenko
Vladimir, would you investigate this, please?
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Copied to Bug #45541: Static Routes configuration doesn't allow IPv6 routes added
- Subject changed from Static Routes configuration doesn't allow IPv6 routes to Add support for IPv6 static routes
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Updated by Timothy Moore II about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Testing with FreeNAS Mini updated to FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201809190906:
Go to Network > Static Routes > Add. Fill Destination and Gateway fields with valid IPv6 routes. Click SAVE. UI accepts the values and displays the IPv6 static route in the Static Routes table. Open Shell and enter
. Confirm the Static Route appears and is valid.
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom