FIx issues with SMART config generation
I have two identical servers. After trying to boot to an external USB stick, SMART fails to start automatically or manually. smartd.conf is not generated. ONly hard disks are set to have SMART enabled in GUI. Cannot save changes to SMART enable tick box.
- Private changed from No to Yes
- Reason for Blocked set to Need additional information from Author
Stephen: please reproduce then attach a debug (System -> Advanced -> Save debug) to this ticket.
Updated by Stephen Makk over 2 years ago
Now my second machine started doing it too. That one never had any USB stick jiggery-pokery today. I did upgrade my HP ILO3 monitoring firmware on both machines.
- Category changed from Services to Middleware
- Assignee changed from Release Council to William Grzybowski
Updated by William Grzybowski over 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Vladimir Vinogradenko
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-RC1
- Reason for Blocked deleted (
Need additional information from Author)
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
Updated by Vladimir Vinogradenko over 2 years ago
Stephen, as temporary workaround please resave all your SMART tests using legacy UI. Please also note that due to bug all months and days of week would initially be unchecked.
- File deleted (
- Private changed from Yes to No
Tried workaround., Did not work. Says smartd.conf is unreadable. Continues to be absent. I attach traceback.
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- File deleted (
- Subject changed from SMART fails to start. smartd.conf disappeared to FIx issues with SMART config generation
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
- Has duplicate Bug #45684: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/smartd-daemon: WARNING: /usr/local/etc/smartd.conf is not readable. added
- Seen in changed from 11.2-BETA2 to 11.2-BETA3
Same problem here. /etc/ix.rc.d/ix-smartd is missing as well.
Updated by Bonnie Follweiler over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
Test Passed in FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201809270704
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Also available in: Atom