Retry on pkg install failures to overcome transient network errors when installing Plugins
Both of these plugins eventually install. However, I have not been able to get either to successfully install the first time, if no plex jail exists. Once an install fails, it makes a broken plex jail then the second installation attempt reliably succeeds (in plex_2, plex_3 and so on). Debug to be attached.
#2 Updated by Dru Lavigne about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Plex Media Server install fails on FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201809050856 to Plex Media Server and Plexpass install fails on FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201809050856, then succeeds
- Description updated (diff)
- Category changed from OS to Middleware
- Assignee changed from Martin Wilke to William Grzybowski
#7 Updated by William Grzybowski about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Brandon Schneider
- Severity changed from New to Med High
Brandon, I see at least 3 issues here:
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py\", line 723, in fetch_plugin_index\n self.plugin = input(\"\\nType the number of the desired
File \"/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py\", line 172, in fetch_plugin\n sys.exit(1)
Lots of download errors
These can be seen in the debugs, under system (there is a core.get_jobs output).
Regarding 3, we really need to do something about it. We have to accept the fact that downloads will fail and that connections are flaky (not everybody has a gigabit fiber).
We need a mechanism to retry in case of network failures.
#9 Updated by Brandon Schneider about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Not Started
1 - https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/39653 <-- Dupe of that ticket
2 - If the session is using an interactive middleware, they will see sys.exit, otherwise it should never happen
3 - Interesting, agreed.
Also of note is pkg-static missing on your jail dru, perhaps some other failure happened? That shouldn't be the case.