Remove assumptions in MI code that the BSP is CPU 0
On 11.2 nightlies, enabling debug kernel causes a panic on boot. Since changing the setting and rebooting twice, it has happened both times.
The panic is netisr_init is not on CPU 0.
This version in particular is TrueNAS-11.2-MASTER-201809070753 on an M40.
#1 Updated by Alexander Motin almost 2 years ago
- Project changed from TrueNAS to FreeNAS
- Category changed from OS to OS
- Status changed from Unscreened to Ready for Testing
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-RC1
- Seen in changed from TrueNAS 11.2 to 11.2-BETA3
- Severity changed from New to Low
- Migration Needed deleted (
- Hide from ChangeLog deleted (
- Support Department Priority deleted (
I don't see any reason why that assertion is needed there nowadays, especially since both FreeNAS and TrueNAS 11.x already utilize EARLY_AP_STARTUP option, making BSP much less specific CPU during startup as it is in FreeBSD 12, where this assertion was removed two years ago. I've cherry-picked that revision form FreeBSD head and just in case written to it original author: https://github.com/freenas/os/commit/638e2743a47f7bea88f056ce90482f31c7d9edb6
Nick, please try next nightly build to make sure it behaves better on boot, and may be debug your NFS panic.