Update oce(4) Emulex driver
I'm using the FreeNAS-11-STABLE update train and I can browse through the repo and see on the 11-stable, the oce driver version is sitting at 10.0.644.0.. but if I compare that to the Master, that oce driver version is at 220.127.116.11 and has been since 09/22/2016.
It looks like this was initially investigated/updated (even to 10.0.747.0) in 9.2.1-Branch, but it looks like in the 9.10-STABLE branch, it reverted back to the 10.0.664.0 version and nobody noticed :(. Would it be possible to get the -STABLE releases (11.1/11.2) updated with the MASTER release (18.104.22.168) of this driver?
#2 Updated by Alexander Motin almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Version mis-match between freenas-master repo and freenas-11-stable repo Emulex driver to oce(4) Emulex driver update is not merged from FreeBSD head to stable/11
- Status changed from Unscreened to Blocked
- Reason for Blocked set to Dependent on a related task to be completed
As I see, the driver version 22.214.171.124 was committed to FreeBSD head (that is why you see it in FreeNAS master builds), but never merged down to FreeBSD stable/11 which is used for FreeNAS 11.x. I've asked FreeBSD committer who originally committed the driver update for any comments about it.
#3 Updated by Alexander Motin almost 2 years ago
- Category changed from OS to Hardware
- Status changed from Blocked to Passed Testing
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-RC1
- Seen in changed from 11.1-U6 to 11.2-BETA3
- Severity changed from New to Low
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Driver update was merged to FreeBSD stable/11, and I've merged it to freenas/11-stable in PR: https://github.com/freenas/os/pull/147 . We don't have respective hardware, so there is nothing to test.
#5 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from oce(4) Emulex driver update is not merged from FreeBSD head to stable/11 to Update oce(4) Emulex driver
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
- Reason for Blocked deleted (
Dependent on a related task to be completed)
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No