Update openssh-portable port to 7.9.p1_1,1
freeNAS uses the openssh-portable port for replication. The current version used is 7.5.p1_1,1 which is from 2017.
1. Could this port be updated to the latest version?
I believe a nice bump in speed of replication could be achieved by simply updating this port to the latest version and making sure the port is compiled without debug options.
#4 Updated by Alexander Motin over 1 year ago
- Target version changed from TrueNAS 11.1-U6.2 to 11.2-U2
- Seen in changed from 11.1-U6 to 11.2-BETA3
William proposes to not hurry with it. We just got that version merged to 11.3, and it should first pass through 11.2, which is only couple days from its freeze. I'd target this to 11.2-U1, if it go well.
#6 Updated by Alexander Motin over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from update openssh-portable port to 7.7.p1_5,1 to Update openssh-portable port to 7.9.p1_1,1
- Needs QA changed from No to Yes
QA: After update `pkg info openssh-portable` should report 7.9.p1_1,1, /usr/local/bin/ssh, /usr/local/sbin/sshd and replication (including without encryption) should still work.