Handle pwenc_decrypt errors in EncryptedDictField of Cloud Sync tasks
After restoring from config backup to the same hardware system (changing boot device) I was unable to view any existing Cloud Sync jobs, and unable to list existing/create new ones due to middleware error attached.
Would like to fix the bug, but also find a way to manually clear the cloud sync tasks.
#4 Updated by William Grzybowski about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Vladimir Vinogradenko
- Target version changed from Backlog to TrueNAS 11.1-U6.2
- Severity changed from New to Medium
Vladimir, we need to handle that exception when for some reason we cant decrypt the data.
Andrew, how did you upload the config? Did you use the full tar file containing the secret password seed or only the database .db file?
#11 Updated by Vladimir Vinogradenko about 2 years ago
Andrew, cloud credentials are encrypted so they are lost when encryption key is not preserved.
It's still a bug that UI crashes. It is fixed. Meanwhile to restore UI functionality you can run:
echo "delete from tasks_cloudsync;" | sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db echo "delete from system_cloudcredentials;" | sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db
#20 Updated by Jeff Ervin almost 2 years ago
- File Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 1.22.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 1.22.09 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 1.22.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 1.22.56 PM.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Failed Testing
Test Failed FreeNAS-11.1-U7-INTERNAL1
Acceptance criteria used with the results shown in screenshots. Was able to edit the task, but the task failed once ran.