Update tooltip for "Endpoint URL" field
Having a weird issue trying to "Add Cloud Sync" I get:
An error occurred (AuthorizationHeaderMalformed) when calling the ListBuckets operation: The authorization header is malformed; the region 'us-east-1' is wrong; expecting 'eu-west-1'
Has anybody else encountered this? The URL for my S3 cloud credentials is definitely correct. (https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/MyBucket/)
I could just use s3cmd but it is bugging me this doesn't work.
#6 Updated by Vladimir Vinogradenko almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Blocked
- Reason for Blocked set to Waiting for feedback
Andrew, have you specified
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com as "Endpoint URL"? Please don't do so, leave it empty,
us-east-1 to list buckets. For operations on the task's bucket appropriate region will be chosen automatically.
#7 Updated by Andrew Jobson almost 2 years ago
Thanks for your help but I don't understand, what should my endpoint be then?
Am I just supposed to enter the name of my bucket? If I do this I get invalid endpoint. Is there something I should prefix first? (Tried s3://) Is the issue here my bucket isn't publicly available? Can I use a bucket that isn't publicly available?
Really appreciate the help, Thanks
#12 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago
- Category changed from Middleware to Documentation
- Status changed from Closed to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Vladimir Vinogradenko to Warren Block
- Target version changed from 11.2-U2 to 11.2-RC2
Seeing that the tooltip/Guide entry for this setting doesn't give the user any useful info, we should clarify it.
#15 Updated by Aaron St. John almost 2 years ago
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No