Make VM options consistent between each view option in new UI
Testing FreeNAS 11.2 on a system installed with INTERNAL21:
Go to Virtual Machines and compare the buttons and options between each view (Cards, Slim, Table). There are a few inconsistencies:
1. Table view: there is no option to "Connect" to a running VM.
2. Cards/Slim vs. Table view: Viewing options for a running VM in Table view shows the "Devices" option as unavailable, but Cards and Slim views allow access to the Devices menu for a running VM.
3. The order of options for a VM in Table view is different than in Cards or Slim views: Clicking the Options button in Table view for a stopped VM shows options (in order) for Start, Power Off (Disabled), Edit, Devices, and Delete. Clicking the Options button for a stopped VM in Cards or Slim views shows options (in order) for Start, Power Off (Disabled), Delete, Devices, and Edit.
4. The Virtual Machines Summary in Table view isn't present in the other view options. Should it be?
#7 Updated by Timothy Moore II almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Testing with FreeNAS system updated to INTERNAL30:
Log in and go to Virtual Machines page. Start 2 out of 3 VMs. Compare VM options for each view:
- Table view now has a "Connect" button.
- Cards/Slim view: now disables "Devices" option when the VM is running.
- Order of items in the "more options" menu is now identical between all three views.
- Virtual Machines Summary chart is not present in Cards or Slim view, but this is expected.