Backspace deletes a whole word
On both the physical console with a USB keyboard and over SSH, in the shell (zsh) the backspace key deletes a whole word at a time, making it very frustrating to use. This appears to have been introduced by a recent change to .zshrc that added a binding for ^H to backward-delete-word. It is fairly common for backspace to send ^H.
- Copied from Bug #50233: Remove ^H bindkey as it is incompatible with some terminals added
- Target version changed from Master - FreeNAS Nightlies to 11.3
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
Updated by William Grzybowski almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Done
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
This will be tested in copied ticket.
- Target version changed from 11.3 to Master - FreeNAS Nightlies
Also available in: Atom