Allow LUN ID of 0 in new UI
In the new GUI, the form iSCSI Associated Target does not accept LUN ID = 0
In the new GUI, the form iSCSI Associated Target should accept LUN ID = 0, as the Legacy GUI does.
Step to reproduce
- Login to the new GUI
- in Storage | Pools, create a zvol foo
- in Sharing | Block (iSCSI) | Targets, create a target target
- in Sharing | Block (iSCSI) | Extents, create a LUN lun0 and associate it to zvol foo
- in Sharing | Block (iSCSI) | Associated Targets, associate extent lun0 to target with LUN ID = 0
- the LUN ID line becomes red, and we cannot click on SAVE
On the Legacy UI, the same procedure works for LUN ID = 0
#3 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Category changed from GUI (new) to Documentation
- Assignee changed from Lola Yang to Warren Block
Sebastien: the behavior for auto-assigning has changed for 11.2, we'll get that added to the docs.
Doc team: For the new UI: If LUN ID is not provided the next one available will be statically assigned (the old UI did this if you set the LUN to 0).
#4 Updated by Sebastien BLANCHET over 1 year ago
You are right: the new UI documentation says that the LUN ID must be between 1 and 1023.
Therefore I cannot reach LUN ID=0 in the new UI as I did with the Legacy UI.
In the Legacy UI, I can reach LUN ID if I specify LUN ID=0 and this ID is not used yet.
It is not a really a bug, you can close the ticket.