Project

General

Profile

Bug #50720

Use volume ID for passphrase and key management in new UI

Added by Joeri Verrept almost 2 years ago. Updated almost 2 years ago.

Status:
Done
Priority:
No priority
Assignee:
Lola Yang
Category:
GUI (new)
Target version:
Seen in:
Severity:
New
Reason for Closing:
Reason for Blocked:
Needs QA:
No
Needs Doc:
No
Needs Merging:
No
Needs Automation:
No
Support Suite Ticket:
n/a
Hardware Configuration:
ChangeLog Required:
No

Description

I installed 11.2-BETA3 on a new server.
After creating an encrypted pool (2 disk mirror) I want to set a passphrase.
When I click on the "Create passphrase" link I get a new screen where I can add and verify the passphrase, but when I click on the "Create Passphrase" button nothing happens.

It is possible to create the passphrase in the legacy UI. When I do that, I get the option to change it in the new interface, but when attempting to do it, I get the error "Error changing passphrase for pool".

There also seem to be issues with other functions for encryption:
- Clicking on "Add Recovery Key" gives a new screen prompting for the root password. When trying to add a key, nothing happens.
- Clicking on "Delete Recovery Key" gives a box for confirmation. After confirming, I get the error "JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"
- Clicking on "Encryption Rekey" gives a new screen prompting for the root password. When trying to rekey, nothing happens.

After some tests I found out this only happens when the pool name contains a period (Pool.1 in my case), when I create a new pool without a period in the name everything works...

History

#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago

  • Category changed from GUI (new) to Middleware
  • Assignee changed from Release Council to William Grzybowski

#3 Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago

  • Category changed from Middleware to GUI (new)
  • Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Lola Yang

Lola can you verify if the API is returning errors and what?

The javascript JSON.parse error seems suspicious.

#4 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago

  • Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-RC2

#6 Updated by Lola Yang almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Unscreened to Screened

#7 Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago

  • Category changed from GUI (new) to Middleware

#9 Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago

  • Category changed from Middleware to GUI (new)

#11 Updated by Lola Yang almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Screened to In Progress

#12 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago

  • Subject changed from Passphrase and key options for encrypted pool don't work in new UI when pool name contains a period to Use volume ID for passphrase and key management in new UI
  • Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
  • Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
  • Needs Merging changed from Yes to No

#14 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Passed Testing to Done

Also available in: Atom PDF