Rename "Automatic check for updates" checkbox on System -> Update
Testing with a FreeNAS Mini updated to INTERNAL25:
Go to System/Update and see "Automatically check for new updates" is set and an available update is displayed (update_1.png). I unset the option, go to a different page, and return to System/Update. The field is unset and no updates are visible (update_2.png). Setting the field again doesn't immediately check and display the pending update (update_3.png), I have to reload the page.
#4 Updated by Timothy Moore II almost 2 years ago
- File legacy-freenas-update-pending.png legacy-freenas-update-pending.png added
- File freenas-update-pending.png freenas-update-pending.png added
Update behavior generally matches between legacy and new UIs.
Legacy UI stages update files in /var/db/system/update, New UI stages update files in /var/tmp/update.
Legacy UI wipes the staged update when the sysetm is powered down, New UI does not.
Neither UI explains this behavior on the System/Update screen
Legacy Guide doesn't explain this behavior.
Angular UI Guide doesn't explain this behavior.
- Update UI "Automatically check for new updates" checkbox to read "Automatically Stage Updates" (Edit: checked with Warren - agreed upon name for checkbox is now "Check for Updates Daily and Download if Available").
- Add UI help text to checkbox to explain the automatic check update system behavior.
- Grab a screenshot of the System/Update screen with a pending update on screen.
- Update both [master] and [angulargui] guides to explain the behavior.
Two FreeNAS systems logged into the web interface: one on Legacy UI, one on New UI.
Go to System/Update and confirm there is an update available.
Set "Check for Updates Daily and Download if Available" (Edit: on both systems and wait overnight.
Verify the next day that both legacy and new UIs found and downloaded/staged the update files:
- Legacy UI stages updates in /var/db/system/update
- New UI stages updates in /var/tmp/update
- System/Update will have a "Apply Pending Update" button active (both UIs).
Verify help text for "Check for Updates Daily and Download if Available" checkbox is present.
Open "Guide", go to System/Update section and confirm new text and possibly screenshots for staging updates is present.
#5 Updated by Timothy Moore II almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Not Started to In Progress
#6 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from System/Update page doesn't auto-check for new updates when the checkbox is set. to Rename "Automatic check for updates" checkbox on System -> Update of new UI
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
#9 Updated by Bonnie Follweiler almost 2 years ago
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 2.47.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 2.47.23 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 2.45.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 2.45.44 PM.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Failed Testing
ok this "Set "Automatically Stage Updates" is not what it says. See the screenshot of that it does say and the tool tip doesn't match the description in the New UI (Screenshot provided)
in the Legacy UI it shows no pending update (it did show one in the new UI) and it still says " Automatically check for updates" (screenshot provided
#10 Updated by Timothy Moore II almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Failed Testing to In Progress
A different text for the checkbox was agreed upon in the review stage for the new UI PR. It should read "Check for Updates Daily and Download if Available". I updated testing notes. Still waiting for legacy UI and docs PRs to be merged and in the next build.