Support autocomplete in new UI for selecting users or groups
When setting a dataset's user or group permissions, FreeNAS has a limitation in that its drop-down menu only lists up to 50 users/groups. In the old UI, this is mitigated with an autocomplete functionality whereby a partial name can be typed in and FreeNAS will give a partial list of users that may fit that partial name. However, in the new UI, there does not appear to be an autocomplete functionality. In addition, the 50 user/group limitation in the drop-down list still seems to be present.
Therefore, if your FreeNAS (or the Active Directory its binded to) has lots of users/groups, in certain cases you would need to know the exact name and manually type it in.Request:
- Implement autocomplete functionality in the new UI similar to the old UI
- Let the drop-down list populate with more than 50 users/groups.
#5 Updated by Jeff Ervin over 1 year ago
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 2.44.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 2.44.37 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 2.45.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 2.45.16 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 2.45.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 2.45.39 PM.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed FreeNAS-11.2-INTERNAL31