Fix display of FTP file/directory permissions in new UI
So I was scratching my head as to why I couldn't get ftp to work.
First I had to make sure that directory selected was user's home directory if chroot is selected and annon & root login is disabled.
But it still didn't let me make files or directories.
So I decided to look at legacy UI and sure enough the permissions were completely wrong as I set them in new GUI.
So only the old gui ftp permissions are correct, as seen in the attached files.
new gui (wrong):
old gui (correct):
#1 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Private changed from No to Yes
- Reason for Blocked set to Need additional information from Author
To clarify: permissions are now set correctly but appear differently in the new UI? If so, please attach a debug (System -> Advanced -> Save debug).
Otherwise, please try to recreate before creating and attaching the debug.
#2 Updated by nood lehead over 1 year ago
- File debug.tgz added
Yes, permissions are now set correctly but appear differently in the new UI.
But I had to go to old UI to set the correct permissions.
Setting permissions in new UI sets wrong permissions and the correct permissions appear on the old UI.
I have attached debug.
#8 Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from FTP(s) File/Directory Permissions Only Correct In Legacy UI (Broken in new UI) to Fix display of FTP file/directory permissions in new UI
- Private changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
#9 Updated by Jeff Ervin over 1 year ago
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 12.26.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 12.26.12 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 12.29.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 12.29.25 PM.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed FreeNAS-11.2-INTERNAL31