Remove unused get_disk function that slowed Wizard on systems with Fibre Channel cards
Breakdown of each section of wizard times as follows:
Wizard Access: 1:00.29
Language/Time Zone: 2:43.17
Active Directory: 2:40.97
Share Setup: 1:59.52
Share Creation: 3:57.79
Volume creation done previously. Network snapshot created for verification of this speed not being network influenced.
#5 Updated by Caleb St. John almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Screened to Ready for Testing
This particular issue only effects TrueNAS customers with FiberChannel cards installed.
This function "get_disks" is no longer needed in the code base so it can be removed entirely. Very briefly testing this on tn11.lab allowed the wizard to pull up the screen considerably quicker.
The wizard function still takes awhile, but it's faster to the point where it's usable.
1. start the Wizard and make sure it gets past the initial screen.
(note, the wizard won't be smoking fast but it will be faster to the point it's usable)
#6 Updated by Dru Lavigne almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Wizard setup took 12:08 minutes from start to finish on M50 to Remove unused get_disk function that slowed Wizard on systems with Fibre Channel cards
- Target version changed from Backlog to TrueNAS 11.1-U6.2
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No