Fix ACL metadata corruption on zfs send/recv
#2 Updated by Alexander Motin almost 2 years ago
Here is possibly related new FreeBSD issue: https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=233277
#13 Updated by Timothy Moore II over 1 year ago
- File 57888-add-acl-entries.png 57888-add-acl-entries.png added
- File 57888-create-testfile.png 57888-create-testfile.png added
- File 57888-inc-send.png 57888-inc-send.png added
- File 57888-move-testfile-grow.png 57888-move-testfile-grow.png added
- File 57888-testfile-acl-noloss.png 57888-testfile-acl-noloss.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Testing with FreeNAS system:
OS Version: FreeNAS-11.2-U2-INTERNAL88 (Build Date: Feb 12, 2019 22:13) Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12 cores) Memory: 64 GiB
Create 4 KiB testfile acltest. Add 12+ entries to the ACL.
Snapshot the file and move the snapshot to a different pool/dataset with zfs send/recv.
Add another 4 KiB to acltest.
Take another snapshot and incrementally send it to the first pool with zfs -i send/recv.
Check acltest ACL on the received pool. No entries were lost.