SMART not showing info in the new UI for NMVe drives.
When you click on a NMVe drive in the new UI no info is supplied and if you then click on a standard SATA/SAS disk it will not show any info either. You have to refresh the page to get the SATA/SAS drives to work in the UI again. At the cmd line if you run # smartctl -a /dev/nvd0 you get nothing but if you run # smartctl -a /dev/nvme0 you get the SMART data printed to the console. Through out FreeNAS is see that the NMVe drive is refranced as /dev/nvd0 does this need to be changed to smartctl -a /dev/nvme0 system wide or just in SMART.
#3 Updated by William Grzybowski about 1 year ago
- Category changed from Middleware to GUI (new)
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Erin Clark
I dont understand what is being in the new UI to show that kind of info.
Erin can you please figure out and let us know if there is a piece missing from our side?
- Category changed from GUI (new) to Middleware
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Vladimir Vinogradenko
Vladimir, disktemp needs to be taught about nvme* it seems?
Not sure how we can map disk to nvme for UI to know what is what, perhaps thats gonna have to wait work on OS.
Please retarget if thats the case.
- Status changed from Unscreened to Blocked
- Target version changed from 11.2-U2 to Backlog
- Reason for Blocked set to Dependent on a related task to be completed
Yes, we need the mapping.
Did we fix UI breaking on this error?
[EFAULT] rrdtool failed: ERROR: opening '/var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost//disktemp-nvd0/temperature.rrd': No such file or directory