Jail - /etc/hosts not generated correctly
Creating a jail named "unifi.example.com" w/ IP x.y.z.w/24 produces the following /etc/hosts (comments removed):
::1 localhost localhost.my.domain
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.my.domain example
x.y.z.w/24 unifi.example.com example
The CIDR is included and the hostname's short form is incorrectly calculated.
/etc/rc.conf contains the following hostname configuration:
which AFAIK shouldn't even do anything - I don't see where /etc/rc.d/hostname would even see that variable.
The jail as described in this issue was created using the new web UI.
- Private changed from No to Yes
- Reason for Blocked set to Need additional information from Author
Brad: please attach a debug (System -> Advanced -> Save debug) to this ticket.
- File debug-freenas-20181121171845.tgz added
I don't see an attachment; trying again
- Category changed from Services to Middleware
- Assignee changed from Release Council to William Grzybowski
- Reason for Blocked deleted (
Need additional information from Author)
Updated by William Grzybowski almost 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Brandon Schneider
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-U2
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Target version changed from 11.2-U2 to 11.3
- Copied to Bug #60480: Fix hostname in iocage rc.conf and /etc/hosts generation added
- File deleted (
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Done
- Target version changed from 11.3 to Master - FreeNAS Nightlies
- Private changed from Yes to No
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Also available in: Atom