Review Pull-Request on github freenas-plugins Repository
#3 Updated by Jordan Hubbard almost 6 years ago
Actually, the following just occurred to me in a kind of a "Duh!" moment:
1. For the freenas-plugins repo, at least, we can change right now to having the master repo on github and make gitserver.ixsystems.com a slave repo because we don't build freenas-plugins often enough to make having the "source of truth" be at iXsystems even worth the overhead. Let's talk to Xin tomorrow about how to make that happen and just reverse the polarity of the flux capacitor (I'm pretty sure it's an electrolytic cap).
2. Once that's done, we can make Joshua R. the principle maintainer of the freenas-plugins project on github and he won't have to send us pull requests. he'll just maintain the whole thing. He's at least 90% of the activity on there right now as it is, so why don't we just face the facts here, hand him the keys, and run awa^H^H^H^H^H^Hcollaborate in true OSS fashion? I LIKE this idea. I want this idea to happen TOMORROW!
3. We can still do the builds and installs of the plugins locally, though if we can figure out how to give Joshua access to the appcafe upload site, he can even build and upload the plugins! I like that idea too! I'm all for just outsourcing plugins entirely to him without even asking his permission first because if we ask, he might say no, and we don't want to make no an option! :D
#5 Updated by Joshua Ruehlig almost 6 years ago
Can this get looked at again at some point in the near future?I noticed the Plex PBI got update recently and I wanted to get some changes in to it. Hopefully I can get them in by the next time it updates?
- Specifically, I move the data directory from /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata to /var/db/plexdata.
- I believe this will make future plex updates through the FreeNAS WebInterface less painful because the plexdata directory (which is often huge) won't be part of the PBI direcotry being tar'ed up.
- I move the existing directory during post-install so updates should work.
#8 Updated by Jordan Hubbard over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Resolved
This is now done - Joshua Ruehlig is the owner of the freenas-plugins repo on github and the ixsystems.com local repo for freenas-plugins has been turned off; we will all collaborate on the upstream (only) repo.