Update benchmarks/fio to 3.5
I've found at least one, probably two, significant bugs in fio-3.0 (Aug 2017) on FreeNAS 11.1 that can be alleviated by updating to a newer version. FreeNAS 11.2 includes fio-3.5 (Feb 2018) which fixes the issues I have encountered.
The major issue was that the rw=randrw setting does not generate random I/O properly - it isn't truly random.
I also believe that the logged statistics (write_bw_log, write_lat_log, etc.) are not accurate with fio-3.0.
- Assignee changed from Release Council to Alexander Motin
- Assignee changed from Alexander Motin to Ryan Moeller
Ryan, could you look whether the port update bring any significant dependency churn, and merge it if not.
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Severity changed from New to Low
- Target version changed from TrueNAS 11.1-U8 to 11.1-U7
- Subject changed from Update version of fio on FreeNAS/TrueNAS 11.1 train to Update benchmarks/fio to 3.5
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Updated by Bonnie Follweiler almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed in FreeNAS-11.1-U7-INTERNAL3
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom