edit dataset shows wrong size units (eg. MiB instead of GiB)
I've created a new dataset and set a Quota size of 50 GiB.
Later, when I attempt to edit that dataset, the Quota size is show with unit of 50 MiB.
The edit dataset UI page should correctly reflect the Quota size(s) that were initially defined when the dataset was created.
- File Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.23.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.23.26 PM.png added
- Status changed from Unscreened to Closed
- Reason for Closing set to Cannot Reproduce
I cannot reproduce this issue,
I am running, FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE and user new user interface when I created test dataset with 50 Gib quota
in edit screen I was able to see that 50 Gib was displayed which is in line with what I originally created. (please refer to the screenshot i have attached)
In your attempt to reproduce the problem, did you edit a dataset that is a child of another dataset? Or did you edit a dataset that is a direct child of a pool?
I ask because in my further testing, I've found that editing a dataset that is a direct child of a pool, exhibits the problem.
However, editing a dataset which is a child of another dataset does not exhibit the problem.
See the attached screen-shot for a depiction of my above description.
Could you have another look
- File dataset list view.png dataset list view.png added
- File testds2 edit view.png testds2 edit view.png added
- File testds2-1 edit view.png testds2-1 edit view.png added
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
so this problem seems to be fixed in `freenas/11.2-stable` branch of which future freenas software release will be build upon.
I created some sample datasets similar with your configuration and this problem is appear to be fixed
root@freenas:~ # zpool list .... zpool/d0/testds2 256K 50.0G 128K /mnt/zpool/d0/testds2 zpool/d0/testds2/testds2-1 128K 5.00G 128K /mnt/zpool/d0/testds2/testds2-1 ....