Do not display error when changing from NFSv4 to NFSv3
On screen error produced when changing from NFSv4 to NFSv3.
Steps to recreate:
1. Configure NFS service to use NFSv4 with NFSv3 ownership and save (see screenshot 1).
2. Re-Configuring NFS service to use NFSv3 generates onscreen error message on save (see screenshot 2).
Change from NFsv4 to NFSv3 in two stages. First unselect "NFSv3 ownership" and save as pure NFSv4. Second unselect NFSv4 and save again to get NFSv3.
- File nfs1.jpeg nfs1.jpeg added
- File nfs2.jpeg nfs2.jpeg added
- File Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.13.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.13.34 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.13.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.13.45 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.16.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.16.33 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.18.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.18.46 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.20.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.20.51 PM.png added
This is an exceedingly confusing ticket. I don't know whether to pass it, or fail it.
I can Enable NFSv4 / Save - NO ISSUE
I can Enable NFSv4 AND NFSv3 Ownership model for NFSv4 / Save - NO ISSUE
If I try to keep NFSv3 ownership model for NFSv4 without having Enable NFSv4 checked - I GET THE ERROR (which I feel is supposed to be removed if I understand this ticket correctly)
However...I can uncheck both options (starting with Enable NFSv4), THEN, check the NFSv3 option, SAVE it. However, when I go back in to edit NFS...nothing is checked.
2 screenshots from related ticket uploaded. Along with the ones that I took. Can someone please elaborate here on exactly what it is that should be seen (or not seen) here? FreeNAS-11.2-U2-INTERNAL81
- File Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 4.44.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 4.44.42 PM.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Failed Testing
Test Failed FreeNAS-11.2-U2-INTERNAL85
I can still check both "Enable NFSv4" and "NFSv3 ownership model for NFSv4", then uncheck "Enable NFSv4" and it allows me to save. Still, when I go back into the service, nothing is checked, so that value isn't getting saved, but if that option isn't available, I should not be allowed to save it at all.
Upon inspecting this the UI is doing the right thing, the nfsv3 ownership box is greyed out when nfsv4 support is not enabled and since it is greyed out it does not actually send the value to the middleware even though it appears still checked (which is why it doesn't save the checked value as you noticed). We want to revisit the cosmetics of this in the future but it seems everything works correctly for now.