Fix incorrectly ported LAGG alert
Testing some monitoring scripts and discovered that breaking the LAGG (in this case by airgapping one of the NICs on the LAGG) does not result in an alert as expected (set to IMMEDIATELY in alerting settings). Looking at the interfaces page, the LAGG correctly shows as down, but alerting does not show any information about the LAGG being broken.
- Assignee changed from Release Council to William Grzybowski
Updated by William Grzybowski almost 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Vladimir Vinogradenko
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-U3
- Severity changed from New to Medium
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
Updated by Vladimir Vinogradenko almost 2 years ago
Create LACP LAGG interface of two cards, unplug network cable from one of them. Within 5 minutes you should receive an alert.
Plug network cable back, ensure that alert disappears within another five minutes.
Reboot the machine. You should not erroneously get LAGG alert on boot.
- Copied to Bug #71483: LAGG interface alerting not working added
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Subject changed from LAGG interface alerting not working to Fix incorrectly ported LAGG alert
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Updated by Bonnie Follweiler over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passes in FreeNAS-11.2-U2-INTERNAL100
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom