Plugin installation fails with DNS error when FreeNAS is configured as Active Directory DC
My FreeNAS server is configured as an Active Directory DC.
When I try to install any plugins the install fails at the DNS check with the message:
[EFAULT] Exception: CallError:[EFAULT] pkg.cdn.trueos.org could not be reached via DNS, check your network occured, destroyed emby.
The underlying cause is resolv.conf on the server is pointing to 127.0.0.1, which I believe is correct for AD DC, but when this is copied into the jail obviously it cannot resolve anything.
There is an option to override the resolv.conf when creating a jail, but cannot see the same for plugins.
Workaround is to connect into the iocage jail and edit resolv.conf before the UI gets to checking access.
#4 Updated by Brandon Schneider over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Unscreened to Closed
- Target version changed from Backlog to N/A
- Reason for Closing set to User Configuration Error
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Ben: It's under Advanced -> Network, you can change the resolver there. It's delimited by ; which are translated to newlines when it's parsed, so you can treat it like a normal resolv.conf file in that regard.
Example: nameserver 188.8.131.52;nameserver 184.108.40.206
#5 Updated by Brandon Schneider over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to In Progress
- Target version changed from N/A to 11.2-U3
- Severity changed from New to Medium
- Reason for Closing deleted (
User Configuration Error)
- Needs QA changed from No to Yes
- Needs Merging changed from No to Yes
Setting this open again as the jail plugin will try to be smarter about this as well.