Allow . as valid character in username field of new UI
1. there is no error message as why to the button stays greyed out. Trial and error flipping field data.
And maybe it should be up to the admin what "Full Name" should be, maybe a first name should suffice?
2. Once you enter the lastname additionally to the firstname, the save button is enabled.
3. If you then remove the lastname , the button stays enabled ^^
#3 Updated by IT IGP almost 3 years ago
- File Screenshot_16.png Screenshot_16.png added
- Seen in changed from TrueNAS 11.1-U6.2 to 11.2-RELEASE-U1
after trying around quite around this seems to be much more complex problem.
i attached a screenshot with reproduction steps for 1 problem. but thats not all.
i could also get a case where after entering fullname, username, password twice, the save button was greyed out, and after a few sec got enabled. is there stuff being checkedd in the background?
i get these issues with "add user dialog" in two separate 11.2-u1 systems. one was installed fresh, the other is upgraded from 11.1u6.
offtopic: is it possible to get the entries in "seen in" in this bug tracker sorted?
#5 Updated by Anonymous almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Blocked to Unscreened
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to Vaibhav Chauhan
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-U3
it seems you found a way to mess with the validation and/or username generation, the form attempts to create a username for you so that it won't be greyed out (since that is a required field). It may be that the regex isn't doing the right thing with that . or something, thanks for getting back to us with some reproduction steps.
#6 Updated by Vaibhav Chauhan almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Accounts: Users: Create: missing lastname in "Full Name" causes "save" button to stay greyed out to add . as valid char in username field