Correctly set kern.corefile
if netdata crashes and creates a core dump file, it creates the core files in /usr/local/etc/netdata/
On TrueNAS HA systems, /usr/local/etc/ partition is tmpfs and is only 34M in size. This cause the file system to fill up entirely, which prevents things like iscsi/afp/smb to generate a config properly because the partition is out of space.
The location in which netdata core dumps it's stack needs to be changed.
- Copied from Bug #70489: Correctly set kern.corefile added
- Copied to Bug #71963: netdata core dumps to /usr/local/etc added
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
- Subject changed from netdata core dumps to /usr/local/etc to Correctly set kern.corefile
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Updated by Zackary Welch over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
I can confirm that kern.corefile has changed to from %N.core to /var/tmp/%N.core.
- Status changed from Passed Testing to Done
Also available in: Atom