If domain controller is enabled, use the DNS forwarder when installing a plugin
My FreeNAS server is configured as an Active Directory DC.
When I try to install any plugins the install fails at the DNS check with the message:
[EFAULT] Exception: CallError:[EFAULT] pkg.cdn.trueos.org could not be reached via DNS, check your network occured, destroyed emby.
The underlying cause is resolv.conf on the server is pointing to 127.0.0.1, which I believe is correct for AD DC, but when this is copied into the jail obviously it cannot resolve anything.
There is an option to override the resolv.conf when creating a jail, but cannot see the same for plugins.
Workaround is to connect into the iocage jail and edit resolv.conf before the UI gets to checking access.
#11 Updated by Zackary Welch over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Confirmed fixed in 11.2-U3.
0. Created a jail with 11.2-RELEASE so it could be pre-fetched, since my Domain Controller is not functional. Then deleted the jail.
1. Enabled Services->Domain Controller with:
DNS Forwarder: 10.10.205.1
These values are junk.
2. Created a new jail and ran 'iocage get resolver JAIL'. Returned 'nameserver 10.10.205.1' as expected.