Docker Host VM state doesn't update properly
Testing with a FreeNAS Mini installed with 11.2-U2-INTERNAL84:
I created a Docker Host vm and started it. The "State" column in the Virtual Machines table shows the process: the VM moved from STOPPED > STARTING > RUNNING.
I click Options > Stop for the RUNNING VM. The "State" moves from RUNNING > STOPPING > RUNNING. I check the Serial connection and the VM appears to be running normally with no indications it is shutting down. I click Options > Stop again for the VM, but this time the "State" never updates and remains as RUNNING. I click to a different UI screen and return to Virtual Machines. The table now appears correctly, with the Docker Host VM showing a "State" of STOPPED.
- Assignee changed from Vladimir Vinogradenko to William Grzybowski
William, please let me know what you think.
1. New UI has states "STARTING" and "STOPPING", middleware does not. I think it makes sense to support these states on middleware side. Right now the following happens:
- User clicks "stop" button, UI shows "STOPPING" state
- UI does periodic vm.query and shows "RUNNING" state again
2. ACPI shutdown can hang forever. Like when you shut down system that is still booting and acpid is not started yet. Or guest system does not have acpid ot all. Or guest system is unresponsive, or there is a bug in guest system init, or million other reasons. We can probably add some
force-timeout=300 option to stop method that will, if ACPI shutdown fails in
timeout second, pull the power cord from VM.