Change "Container Provider" to a single constant defined as "Docker Host"
The term "Container Provider" is being changed as part of a broader unification of terms to "Docker Host". "Container Provider" is being named is several different locations in the middleware. Could a constant for the term "Docker Host" be defined in a central location and then individual references to "Container Provider" changed to point to the constant?
- Status changed from Unscreened to Blocked
- Reason for Blocked set to Need additional information from Author
Why does it matter how it is called in the middleware/backend? This is just a bad way to break the API compatibility.
Why cant just the UI be changed to reflect what the Docs team want? It could be called XYZ in the backend and it wouldnt matter to the end user.
When I updated the new UI there was one location where the "Container Provider" text is being pulled in directly from the middleware (screenshot).
It was also recommended to update the legacy UI at the same time so the "Docker Host" term would be unified across both user interfaces. Because this involves setting up a defined term and making changes to freenas/freenas files, I was told to open a ticket to request the change.
Thats a constant that comes from the middleware like many others (e.g. cloud sync SYNC, COPY) and it should be treated as such by the new UI. The UI should probably transform these kind of values to something that makes sense to the user using some sort of mapping with translation.
- Category changed from Middleware to GUI (new)
- Status changed from Blocked to In Progress
- Assignee changed from William Grzybowski to Timothy Moore II
- Target version changed from Backlog to 11.2-U3
- Reason for Blocked deleted (
Need additional information from Author)
Investigated with Dennis' help and found a simple way to transform the text in the new UI.
Testing: go to the Virtual Machines page and confirm the VM Type field reads as "Bhyve" or "Docker Host".
Docs: Verify no reference to "Container Provider" exists in the FreeNAS Guide Virtual Machines section (angulargui branch only).
- File Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 12.35.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 12.35.53 PM.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed FreeNAS-11.2-U2-INTERNAL95
Also, conducted a search of the Guide, found no reference to "Container Provider" within the VM section