Remove unsupported replication ciphers
FreeNAS-11.2U2 fails to replicate datasets to a previous version of FreeNAS (e.g FreeNAS-11.1u7 or FreeNAS-11.2u1) with fast cipher .
With fast cipher the error message is:
Failed: Unknown cipher type 'arcfour256,arcfour128,blowfish-cbc,aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr'
It may be related to the openssh version: FreeNAS-11.2U2 uses openssh-portable-7.9.p1_1,1 instead of openssh-portable-7.5.p1_1,1 in FreeNAS-11.2U1 and FreeNAS-11.1U7
How to reproduce¶
- Create a two virtual machine, one with FreeNAS-11.2U2 and the other with FreeNAS-11.2U1
- Setup replication tasks between both machines
- Use standard cipher, but it takes more CPU
#12 Updated by Jeff Ervin over 2 years ago
- File Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.39.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.39.29 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.40.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.40.26 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.41.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 1.41.39 PM.png added
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Passed Testing
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
Test Passed FreeNAS-11.2-U2-INTERNAL98
Replicated (Fast Cipher setting) from FreeNAS Mini to VM (both on INTERNAL 98).