The system is sending an email "smartd_daemon is not running" because t There is a delay in which the smartd process starts
This is seen in FreeNAS 11.2-U3 Pre-Release
Because there is a delay in which the smartd process starts, an email alert is generated and sent to the customer.
Eventually the smartd process starts and the the alert is removed from the GUI.
My suggestion is to fix this so an email isn't sent to avoid unnecessary reports/complaints
- Copied from Bug #83067: Fix "smartd not running" alert added
- Target version changed from Master - FreeNAS Nightlies to 11.3-BETA1
- Status changed from Unscreened to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Ready for Testing
Updated by Dru Lavigne over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready for Testing to Done
- Target version changed from 11.3-BETA1 to Master - FreeNAS Nightlies
- Needs QA changed from Yes to No
- Needs Doc changed from Yes to No
- Needs Merging changed from Yes to No
Also available in: Atom